Sunday, January 27, 2013

A new year, new experiences

Well, I've not posted it here yet, but it's official: My name has changed for the second time in two years. Some of you may be shocked, others surprised. Really?

Yes.

I'm now Dr. Edwards!

While this has been a long time coming, it's big news, and I'm happy to share it. What I'm eager to hear is how much longer the dreams will continue. You know, fear that the degree isn't real, that someone will suss you out.... I remember a friend of mine having dreams years after finishing seminary. How many years? Did it finally stop?

With the new year, I'm taking life easier and enjoying *only* working 40-50 hours a week. (But, I love my job, and I'm learning a lot. Really, it's a great situation to be in!) Soon I'm going to start a new project, but for now, I'm just enjoying reading what I want and teaching international students how to adjust to and succeed in the university. It's hugely rewarding, and many of the changes I'm making to the course will hopefully have positive effects for the coming years of students who will come through the course.

This year will also hopefully see some great travel. We're already looking forward to a wedding in Michigan this summer; I've booked a B&B for two nights and we hope to camp for a third. Summer, Lake Michigan, the woods...I'm excited! And then, of course, we're traveling to Tennessee in May for a few days. We'll keep you all abreast of other future travel, I hope!

I'm working on posting more often; please bear with me as I try to find balance after so many years of frantically trying to stay on top of the most urgent thing. I look forward to sharing this next chapter of my life with all of you!

1 comment: