Upstairs, my husband's oldest two nephews and mom are sleeping, here for a week-long visit. Two boys, 14 (going on 15) and 13. Lord, have mercy! Honestly, they are great kids. But the number of fart jokes....
I realize that as my job has increasingly required me to write (I now write most of the content for a quarterly newsletter) and I've worked on article revisions, I've found these sufficient arguments for not writing the blog. Add to that how much of my life seems to be spent working, and how work is largely off-limits for writing, and the result is a long-neglected blog.
In the past half-year, here are a few things that have happened:
- My job has gone permanent, which means that I can stay as long as I like. The 12-month appointment means we get to eat; it also makes my Euro-trash life-style a bit harder.
- We bought a house. This now takes up most of our free time (and money), but it's well worth the effort. The garage has an additional room, making it the perfect studio space. When husband graduates in May, he'll be able to move his studio in without a problem.
- I got a new bike to go with my new commute (see the priorities here?). It's a beautiful Linus that I got in an end-of-season sale. A heavy dutch bike, it's a smooth, slow ride to campus. Where my old commute was 2.5 miles on streets and through one of the worst neighborhoods in town, I now commute on one bike route and a bike path that runs along a creek and keeps me protected from traffic. I arrive at work calm and cool, having enjoyed my commute rather than brimming with stories about jerk #429 who tried to run me over.
Hope you all are well!
No comments:
Post a Comment