Saturday, June 11, 2011

Updates (not too-lates?)

Hi all,

I know, I know...I've fallen far far behind in my blogging duties. Please forgive me.

For those I've not talked to recently, or those who might just be reading for kicks, there's some big news! Last month, BF...er....F and I became officially engaged, and since then, it's been a race to figure out the wedding, plan a move, find a job, finish the dissertation, and write two articles.

Surely, I'm forgetting something.

That seems to be par for the course right now.

But it's been fun, if not crazy. Finding someone whom I want to spend the rest of my life with, who understands the craziness of life and also helps me keep perspective, who loves me and makes me feel safe, and who throws amazing pots to boot--I didn't think it would happen this quickly, or even at all, frankly. So imagine my surprise when I met someone who voluntarily waives his two-year dating requirement to get married.

I'll not be writing so much on this personal front--and not much about the wedding, either. Planning so much so quickly has been great, as there's not a bunch of time to agonize over every detail. It is, however, a bit like planning a major conference, and wanting all things to just go well and for all to leave fed and happy--and us legally and churchily married.

Thanks for your patience with me, and hopefully more over the summer travels included in these life changes to come.

In two months, I'll be writing you all from the Midwest, a place I never thought I'd live, but about which I'm happily optimistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment