In a few hours, we'll drive to Omaha so I can board a plane for Germany. This time tomorrow, I'll be checking into the archives and setting up my home for the next month. And hopefully work there will be productive. To help me acclimate to the timezones so I can focus better, I've woken up at 5.30 this morning after going to bed at 12. With the help of some benadryl on board, I should sleep like a baby.
I've still not packed (!) and I have to finish up this chapter and send it off. Hmmm. Does someone not want to go? If the young man were coming with me, it would be easier, I think. But tickets are over $1200, and, well, that's a bit outside of our budget.
Hopefully I'll update a bit more while I'm in the archives, offering little fun stories about the time I spend outside the archives. Thank goodness for German work hours--the archives close at 5:30, and so I'll have a few hours of downtime in the evenings. Weekends? Free. And so many people to come visit, I don't know how it will all get fit in.
Bis das nächste Mal,
e
No comments:
Post a Comment