Thursday, July 29, 2010

Best Pickup Move--Ever

I love my morning commute, except perhaps for the fact that it's uphill nearly the whole way. As a result, I get cheers from the gentleman crowd--everything from "strong legs" to "hey gorgeous".

Now, I'd like to point out that I'm usually in work clothes, which means heels and skirts, but that in the summer I'm usually wearing a sundress and Dr. Scholl's (yes, I adore wooden shoes, including the loud "clump clump click click" they make in coridores in the library. Quite zone, my tookus.). In addition to my regular clothes, I have a nifty contraption that helps keep my skirt from blowing up (it's amazing, and I should share the tip with you all some day--call me Heloise) and wear a helmet. Truly, the least attractive safety gear, perhaps ever.

So it was a surprise to me when a guy, on his bike, coming towards me, did his best to impress me. He sat up in his saddle, and put both arms in the air, with his fingers making little "1"s. You know, like the winner of the Tour de France might. Because I was in such a hurry, I didn't stop to tell him what I thought of his outstanding performance.

Here's hoping he reads my blog.

In other news, I'm slowly getting around to writing letters which are...oh...6 months overdue? It's a sad fact of life that I do not keep in touch with those far away, but try to visit them as often as I can. This means a trip (not long enough!) to Virginia was dedicated to seeing those I hadn't seen the last time I was up (in the winter), but that, due to dissertation writing constraints, I couldn't make it to Germany or Switzerland this summer. Eeeek!

Here's hoping that I get this dissertation done, and that I then get a job for next year. I miss my friends out there in the fatherland, and hope to see them soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment