In a few hours, I'll be on a train down to Richmond, where the oldest of my [former] disobedient charges will be picking me up. A week in Chuck City? Fabulous! I look forward to doing all the country things and long walks on quiet lanes, as well as visiting with old friends. If you are lucky, I'll take pictures.
We've had some adventures here in the DC area, including going to Annapolis for a day with M, a friend from High School and drinking coffee with B, where a man overheard us commenting on his child, who was wearing no shoes or socks. B, a med student, and me, a former nanny, were being quite snarky. And we didn't realize he heard us until he told us he was sick of putting her socks and shoes back in. The German in me wanted to say he wasn't going to be the only one sick....
To accompany my jaunt on Amtrak, I give you The James River Blues. I just hope I don't get stuck behind a coal train!
No comments:
Post a Comment