Friday, July 31, 2009

Homeward Bound?

I know, I know. It's been over a month since I've updated, thanks to the sporatic internet access and near impossibility of using my laptop in Switzerland. To give you a basic recapitulation of the last month +, Switzerland is beautiful, but it's also a bit hard to stomach all the alone time. This was, however, productive for my studies. Hopefully my exams in September will be passable.

Tomorrow my sister is getting married, so we are running around Columbia, MO, sorting out last-minute things. The groom's cake has just come out of the oven, and now I just have to make the butter cream frosting and ganache.

Of course, there's so much to blog about; the honey harvest, how comparing anyone to Hitler is a poor rhetorical choice (and generally uninformed about history) and how this really gets my goat, what it's like to realize you really aren't at home in any single culture. But I've got reading to do...derg.

No comments:

Post a Comment